October 22, 2011

Class is in Session

I've started teaching some basic bookbinding at Sarbe Invitations and Paper on the Gold Coast.
At the moment it's pamphlet stitch and a little ledger binding, focusing on the basics of binding, paper grain, materials and techniques as well as decorating and experimenting with design.




Some of the finished products:





I'm highly enjoying the classes, even though I still get seriously nervous before each session!
Later in the year I'll be teaching a slightly more advanced binding, on tapes, as some people have expressed a desire to create something as a gift or journal for the new year.





Heheh, never thought when I started teaching myself about 2 and a half years ago, that I'd eventually be teaching others. XD


Approved!



*

1 comment:

  1. Awesoe Vee! Those finishe products look amazing...Must have a sper teacher. Love you, miss you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Other Relevant Links

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs