September 17, 2012

Finality

I can't recall if I posted about it or not, but my beloved dog, Frida, died late last month from a drawn out illness.
She was one of my best and most loyal friends and a wonderful listener. She taught me so much about life, love and, finally, death.

Today, her ashes arrived in a beautiful wooden box and the whole emotional mess came back with a vengeance. I clutched at that box like it was her.

It's a strange, bittersweet feeling; she's home and yet she's not. The loop has closed.
It's a painful finishing of a book, like finally reaching the end of a story you never wanted to end.
And yet it's the way it has to be.

I miss her so much.
Farewell my precious friend.



*

3 comments:

  1. Aww vivi :( This made me teary. Frida will be running around in Doggy Heaven getting lots of affection :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if I go, while you are still here...
    Know that I still live on,
    Vibrating to a different measure,
    Behind a thin veil that you cannot see through.
    You will not see me, so you must have faith.
    I will wait there for the time when we can soar together again, both aware of each other.
    Until then, live your life to the fullest.
    And when you need me, just whisper my name in your heart,
    ...I will be there.

    -Colleen Hitchcock

    ReplyDelete

Other Relevant Links

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs